Skip to main content
Font size options
Increase or decrease the font size for this website by clicking on the 'A's.
Contrast options
Choose a color combination to give the most comfortable contrast.

U.S. Passport Services

WPPL has been certified by the U.S. Department of State to accept applications and fees and to take official passport photos.

Passport Service Hours

Monday – Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m.

Appointments are required. Passport Services may take up to an hour, depending upon the number of individuals applying.

Call us at the library at 440-871-2600 to arrange an appointment or ask questions. You can also email the Circulation Department with questions.

Please Note: Processing time for Routine service is currently 6–8 weeks and expedited service (for a $60 additional fee) is 2–3 weeks. These estimates do not include postal delivery time.

US Passport coverComplete information about Passport Services including downloadable application forms, current requirements and fees, and travel warnings are available on the U.S. State Department's U.S. Passports & International Travel website at



There are several different passport fees that may apply. Some fees are paid directly to the U.S. Department of State via personal check or money order. Other fees are paid directly to Westlake Porter Public Library.  

  • Execution Fee: $35 for each new passport, payable by cash, check or money order to Westlake Porter Public Library. 
  • Passport Photo Fee: $11, payable by cash, check or money order to Westlake Porter Public Library. 

For more information about fees and how to obtain a passport, please visit 

Apply for a Passport 

If this is your first passport, you must apply in person. You'll need the following items:  

  • A completed, unsigned passport application filled out in black ink. Do not sign your passport application ahead of time. 
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate. Original or certified copies only, no photocopies. 
  • Current proof of identity, such as an Ohio driver's license.  
  • One passport photo. 

Additional documentation is required for minors under the age of 16. 

Renewing Your Passport 

If you are renewing an expired adult passport issued within the last 15 years, you will have to apply by mail. Renewal forms are available online through the State Department website,, and at Westlake Porter Public Library. We are also able to take your passport photo (see Fee listed above).