- Registered library card holders may borrow all materials, free of charge, for periods of one week, or three weeks.
- Your library card is the preferred method for checking out items, but you can use your driver's license or other picture ID.
- Fines and fees are charged when materials are not returned on time.
- Golden Buckeye Card holders are exempt from fines but must pay fees if items are sent to collection.
- Replacement costs, fines, and fees (if materials are overdue) are charged when materials are lost or damaged.
- Most materials may be renewed up to three times. You may call the Circulation Desk (440-871-2600) to request renewals or for further information. Renewals begin from the date you call the library. If other patrons have requested the item, you cannot renew.
- Library materials can also be renewed through the Web catalog.
Courtesy Notifications: Overdue Items and Available Holds
You can choose to receive notifications from the library by:
- text messaging*
You must set the means of receiving notifications in person at the Circulation Desk.
* Depending on your cell phone plan, you may incur charges to receive these text messages, so check with your cell phone provider before signing up.
You will receive a notification that an item is overdue 3 days, 10 days and 21 days after the due date.
When materials are 35 days overdue, a paper notification will be sent to your address.
You will receive notification by the format that you have selected when materials that you have placed on hold are available to check out.
Children's materials..........0.10/day-$3.00/item max.
Adult materials...............0.10/day-$3.00/item max.
DVD and Blu-Rays,
CDs, Video cassettes...............0.10/day-$3.00/item max.
CD-ROMs ......................0.10/day-$3.00/item max.
- Repair costs depend upon the extent of the damage
- $1.00 for a replacement library card
- A processing fee of $10.00 per patron is charged when an account is sent to collection.
- Replacement cases for lost/damaged DVDs, CDs, Videos, audiobooks, etc. -- replacement costs vary, ranging from .50 to around $11.
Notify the library when any materials are lost. Total charges for an item will include the cost of the item, fines, and fees.
Suspension of your privileges will occur if:
- Materials are not returned within five weeks of the due date
- Fees are unpaid for lost or damaged materials
- Total fines exceed $10.00
Your neighbors depend upon you to return, on time, the library materials you borrowed.