WPPL offers ebooks and audiobooks from Overdrive. Click here to download ebooks and audiobooks.
You can download ebooks for a range of ereaders, like the Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader or Barnes and Noble Nook and many others.
Overdrive also offers apps for Apple devices (iPhone, iPad), Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone.
We also offer audiobooks that will play on many devices.
To use Overdrive, all you need is a valid library card.
Do you have a question about whether your device will work with our ebooks/audiobooks? Check out Overdrive's Device Resource Center
For help, check out our Downloadables Support page, or or call the Popular Materials desk at 440-250-5462.
Westlake Porter Public Library has a new, easy to use eBook and eAudiobook service! The cloudLibrary has great new titles for all ages and links up to your WPPL account.
Use cloudLibrary on many devices, including:
- Apple devices (iPad, iPhone)
- Android tablets and phones
- Kindle Fires
- PCs and Macs (transfer to your Nook or Kobo e-reader)
The set-up is simple – download the app, log in one time with your Westlake library card, and then you are set to read eBooks and eAudiobooks anytime, anywhere! Check out up to 10 titles at a time, and keep them all for 21 days, when the titles automatically expire from your account.
We added the simple and intuitive cloudLibrary to respond to your feedback and keep up with the ever-growing demand for eBooks.
OneClickdigital by Recorded Books is a new source of downloadable audiobooks available at Westlake Porter Public Library. After a quick one-time account set-up process on WPPL's customized OneClickdigital website, you can checkout and download audiobooks from Recorded Books, including exclusive content from authors like Diana Gabaldon. There are also apps available for Android, Kindle Fire, iPhone and iPad.
Zinio allows our users to instantly view magazines on any Internet-enable device -- computer, e-reader, or other mobile device. There are Zinio apps available for the iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and Blackberry Playbook for ease of use with those mobile devices. We offer 79 popular titles. Each title allows unlimited multiple users.
For easy instructions, use our Quick Start Guide.
Freegal provides downloadable music from Sony Music Entertainment, and includes music from labels like Arista, RCA and Columbia. You can download five mp3 songs per week (starting each Monday).
The songs are DRM-free, which means you can play them on any device that plays mp3s: your iPod, your phone, that mp3 player in your junk drawer, it's up to you!
How it works:
- Click on the Freegal logo above.
- Log in using your library card number (all characters, no spaces)
- Accept the end user licensing agreement
- Browse by category, or search for specific artists.
- When you find a song you like, click "download now" and save it to your computer.
Now you can enjoy eBooks, comics and audiobooks from Hoopla along with the downloadable movies, television and music!
- The loan period for eBooks, comics and audiobooks is 21 days
- The loan period for music albums is 7 days.
- The loan period for videos is 3 days.
- You can watch, listen or read up to 10 items per month.
You can access content on your PC via a browser, or on your Android or iOS devices (iPad/iPhone). There is also a Hoopla app available for 7" and 8.9" Kindle Fire HDX tablets. For more information and tips about specific devices, check out the Hoopla support page.
If you want to watch movies on your desktop or laptop (PC/Mac), you will need to download the Widevine browser-based video plug-in which is available here. For more information on Widevine as it relates to Hoopla, go to the Hoopla Support page and click on the menu item for the Widevine Plug-in.
To get started, create your account on Hoopladigital.com. Choose the version for your operating system and browser. See the attached PDF below for step-by-step instructions. If you need additional help, please go to the Hoopla support page, or call us at 440-871-2600.
Have fun online with paired fiction and nonfiction!
Scholastic BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. This engaging resource for children in grades PreK-3 will help early readers develop and practice essential reading skills and introduces students to a world of knowledge and exploration.
You can access Scholastic BookFlix anywhere there is an Internet connection –it’s like having access to the library’s collection 24 hours a day, seven days a week! To access BookFlix outside of the library, you will need your library card number.
- 110 classic video storybooks each paired with a related nonfiction eBook. Spanish language versions of 32 pairs.
- Read-aloud supports so students can hear each book narrated and also hear definitions of key words and directions for each activity read aloud.
- Educational games and activities so children can show what they have learned.
- And more!
Scholastic BookFlix is specifically created to support non-, beginning and reluctant readers – it’s the perfect resource for independent reading practice at the library and at home!
TumbleBooks are available on FunStation PCs in the Youth Services area and at home! Have fun with reading in a whole new way!
TumbleBooks are animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love.
There are many sources of free ebooks and audiobooks. Most are public domain (no longer subject to copyright) but there are some places to find free original content.
- Project Gutenberg - largest site for public domain ebooks and audiobooks
- Archive.org -
- Librivox.org - public domain audiobooks
- Feedbooks.com - Public Domain
- Feedbooks.com - Original books
- Booksshouldbefree.com - free public domain audiobooks
- Harlequin - click on "Free ebooks"
Calibre is an open-source (free) ebook management tool, available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can sync ebooks to your ereading device and convert ebooks that are not protected by D.R.M. You can even download information from the web and convert it into ebooks.
Calibre does not work with Overdrive ebooks, but it is a great tool for managing other ebook libraries.
The Downloadables Support page will help you get answers to questions like "What device should I buy," "How do I use Overdrive," and "Where do I get help when I'm having trouble with my device?"
Click above to find:
- links to the help pages or FAQs for our downloadable services
- information on one-on-one appointments
- information on upcoming classes