In addition to the larger meeting rooms, Westlake Porter Public Library has a small group study room that holds 4-6 people and five study rooms that hold 1-2 people. Study rooms are available during times when they are not in use for library or library-sponsored programs and activities. Study rooms are available during the hours the library is open, until fifteen (15) minutes before closing.
All general meeting room reservation policies apply to these rooms.
- Study rooms may be scheduled for tutoring, proctoring of exams, and business/educational purposes. Customers may book the rooms in-person at any staff desk or may book the rooms up to a week in advance in person, by phone or email, for up to two (2) scheduled hours per use, daily. Students under 18 receive priority for the study room in Youth Services.
- Fees may not be charged by customers using the study rooms, and use of the study rooms by paid tutors/trainers for profit is prohibited.
- Library audiovisual equipment is available for use in some of the study rooms and may be used to preview videos or DVDs. Videos viewed in these rooms by more than 3 people must have PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS. Customers are responsible for operating equipment and liable for damage.
- Excessive no-shows or cancellations by individuals will result in loss of privileges. Bookings will be held for 15 minutes unless the user has notified the library that he/she will be late.
- Individuals who wish to use the rooms to study are permitted to do so, on a first-come, first-served basis. They must sign-in at the Public Service Desk in that area. They may only use the room if it is not reserved for other purposes. There is a maximum guarantee use time of two (2) hours per day; additional time may be requested if there is no one waiting to use the room.