Any K-12 classroom teacher residing or teaching in Westlake may request a Teacher Loan Library Card.
A Teacher Loan Library Card application form will be mailed to the teacher requesting this card with the following instructions:
- The completed form must be returned to the Library.
- The form will state the school name and grade level taught.
- The teacher will accept responsibility for any fines, fees or charges leveled against the card.
- Once the application form and letter are on file with Porter Public Library, a Teacher Loan Library Card will be mailed to the teacher.
The Library card must be presented when materials are checked out.
Teacher loan policies are the same as for all library cardholders:
- Limit of 49 items checked out at one time
- Normal loan periods apply
- 1 renewal, if no holds are waiting on any item
- Fines must be paid for overdue materials
- Fees must be paid for notices, etc.
- Lost materials must be paid for
- Accounts with long overdue materials will be sent to a Collection Agency
Teachers may call or email requests for loans to the Youth Services Department with forty-eight hour notice. Occasionally, demand for items in a particular subject area is greater than our collection size can accommodate. In that case, Youth Services Department staff reserve the right to limit the number of items on any one particular subject, at its discretion.
Teacher loans will be taken to the Circulation Department for checkout and bagging, and may be picked up at the Circulation Desk or from an After-Hours Pick-up Locker, if size permits